Monday, September 24, 2012

First Stop: Thailand

Ah -- Thailand! Enjoying the sunny weather, the sights, and yes, the food. But I can't say much about the email issues I've encountered here.

As they say, some parts of Asia aren't as technologically advanced as other parts of the world. Then again, I don't sending out emails or the very least, a stable internet connection, is something that's pretty hard to provide your tourists.

Yes, I am obviously frustrated. I've hopping around places here in Thailand and it is such a headache to find out that some hotels actual block outgoing emails! I'm forced to resort to webmail but I can't settle for that since most of my very important work-related mails are stored on my computer.

Quite honestly, I guess it must be the language barrier here too because it seems like no one can understand my concerns with the email issues I'm faced with. But thankfully, the World Wide Web didn't fail me! I was able to figure out why Outlook won't send email, and it's working pretty fine. Phew!

2 comments:

  1. The language barrier itself is making one's life in Thailand difficult. I find it funny how vendors hold calculators to type down the prices of what they're selling whenever tourists ask. But yeah, I was also in Thailand just a week ago and had encountered the same email issue. Which place did you head to for help? I went to smtpsolutions.net and I really got the helping that I need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Greg,

    I also went there for help. It was indeed very handy and it saved me a lot from the frustrations and shelling out money too.

    ReplyDelete